The Secret of South Estonia: Setomaa
Pre-tour 2-3 Nov at 8:00 AM
Post-tour 9-10 Nov at 8:00 AM
Duration 2 days, 1 night
The tour starts from Radisson Blu Sky Hotel and will end at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Minimum number of participants: 20
Price per person 263 €
If you travel with a friend and specifically require a double room we will gladly offer a special rate for you. Please contact us at email@example.com. Approximate price per person sharing a double room is 249 €
- De lux coach through the program
- Tour assistant through the program
- Accommodation 1 night / sharing twin in Värska Spa Hotel
- Local guide for sightseeing
- Breakfast on day 2
- Lunch on day 1 and light lunch on day 2
- Dinners on day 1 and day 2
- All entrances and activities as included in the program
- Unlimited entrance to the spa area at your hotel (Värska water park)
- Private concert of Seto Leelo
Tags: full day, heritage, culture under UNESCO protection, something unique!
The Setos, who are known for their unique way of singing, which is called leelo (listed on the UNESCO list of intangible heritage), do not sing or wear their wonderful national clothes on everyday basis any more, but if you take a little more time at Setomaa, you will understand the rich history and heritage of the Seto people and their land. Come and discover the unique culture, traditions, and food of Setomaa. During the tour to Setomaa, you will explore different Setomaa regions. You will also cover the UNESCO singsong heritage, Seto Farm Museum, and enjoy an authentic Seto meal. It is possible to participate in a small handicraft workshop and visit artisans.
The country roads between Setomaa’s villages meander like the pattern on the folk costume, from hill to vale and from forest to open meadow. We invite you to discover some of the region’s most attractive places and villages – take a wander down Seto Külävüü! Or, in the Seto language: Läämi Setomaalõ müüdä Külävüüd!
09:00 departure from Tallinn
12:30 Värska, Seto farm museum (incl entrance). Seto lunch at Tsäimaja restaurant
13:15 excursion at the Seto farm museum (incl entrance)
14:00 drive through “Saatse boot”
14:30 Old George’s soap factory and Jumalamägi (God’s Hill)
15:30 Litvina village: a traditional farmstead, a handicraft farm: making a small handicraft item
16:30 drive back from Litvina to Värska
16:50 Värska Church
17:30 Check-in at Värska Spa Hotel
18:19 Dinner at the sanatorium’s dinner
19:22 Enjoy the Värska Water Park
7-9:15 Breakfast at Sanatorium’s diner, optional morning swim
9:45 Podmotsa village: chapel and view to the Kulje Church (Russia)
11:00 Piusa sand caves and quarry, Pottery house
12:15 Dressing up in Seto clothes at the Obinitsa museum including light lunch
13:30 Seto gallery, concert of seto leelo, art&souvenir shop
14:30 Late dinner at Taarka Tarõ
15:30 Departure to Tallinn
Terms and Conditions
- The tour is designed for participating delegates and accompanying persons attending the JCI 2019 World Congress.
- All sightseeing tours include informative English speaking commentary, all entry fees and meals where specified. Comfortable shoes and warm clothing are recommended for all tours. For any outdoor tours, we recommend that participants wear water and windproof warm clothing.
- All tours are based on a minimum number of participants. If minimum numbers are not reached, alternative arrangements or a complete refund will be made. Places on all tours are limited and will be allocated strictly in order of receipt of payment. Where participants cancel their tour bookings prior to 1st October, 2019, payment will be refunded in full. Thereafter, no refunds will be made.
For bookings please use the registration form above!
If have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.