Notice: Undefined variable: ZEROINVOICE in /var/www/events.gotravel.ee/htdocs/eventpress/wp-content/themes/konverentsiveeb2019/templates/regform.php on line 521
Check your mailbox, we sent You the invoice. It can take more than 5 minutes. If you didn't receive the invoice by then, please contact us at email@example.com.
Something went wrong. Please try again!
Welcome to the Soviet reality!
NB! The tour is available in English and in Finnish. Please choose the correct tour!
- 4 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM (ENG)
- 4 Nov 2019 at 14:30 AM (FIN)
- 6 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM (ENG)
- 6 Nov 2019 at 14:30 AM (FIN)
- 8 Nov 2019 at 10:00 AM (ENG)
- 8 Nov 2019 at 14:30 AM (FIN)
Duration ca 1 hour
Minimum nr of participants: 1
This tour starts from the Sokos Hotel Viru. This tour ends at Sokos Hotel Viru.
Price: 11 EUR per person
- ENG or FIN speaking guide
- Entrance fee
Tags: #history #funfacts #gloomypast #hiddenfloor #secretsrevealed
Once upon a time, there was a hotel called Viru. The year was 1972 and a little less than 20 years remained until the end of the Soviet era. The hotel for foreigners also had to suit the national security body – KGB …
In the 1960s the Soviet authorities decided to bring some of the billions circulating in global tourism to the USSR. The country needed hotels suitable for foreigners, and these hotels had to accommodate KGB as well. The Viru Hotel, open in 1972, is full of various stories – stories about the hotel itself, Soviet society and the development of Estonia.
Terms and Conditions
- The tour is designed for participating delegates and accompanying persons attending the JCI 2019 World Congress.
- All sightseeing tours include informative English speaking commentary, all entry fees and meals where specified. Comfortable shoes and warm clothing are recommended for all tours. For any outdoor tours, we recommend that participants wear water and windproof warm clothing.
- All tours are based on a minimum number of participants. If minimum numbers are not reached, alternative arrangements or a complete refund will be made. Places on all tours are limited and will be allocated strictly in order of receipt of payment. Where participants cancel their tour bookings prior to 1st October, 2019, payment will be refunded in full. Thereafter, no refunds will be made.
For bookings please use the registration form above!
If have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.