Kihnu – an island ruled by women
Tour departs 2 Nov 2019 at 6:00 AM or 7 Nov 2019 at 6:00 AM
Duration ca 14 hours
Minimum number of participants: 15
The tour starts from Radisson Blu Sky Hotel and will end at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
Price per person 126 €
- 19-seated coach through the program
- Tour assistant through the program
- Local guide for sightseeing
- Return ferry tickets
- Home visits
Tags: full day, heritage, island under UNESCO protection, something unique!
Kihnu is the largest island in the Gulf of Riga and the main attraction is the island itself – its scenery, people, manner of existence.
Local families are ready to show their home to those who wish, talk about their current activities and reminisce about old times. The visitors will see true Kihnu farming with everything that accompanies it. You can see the content of a Kihnu women’s casket and the richness of aprons, skirts, and scarves that it holds as well as see how a Kihnu woman weaves the kört, familiarize yourself with the fishing equipment of a Kihnu man and find out who drives the motorcycle/sidecar in the family. The home visit has to be agreed in advance and if you wish, it is possible to try traditional food, home-brewed beer and get acquainted with folk music.
6:00 departure from Radisson Sky Hotel
8:00 arrival to Munalaiu
8:30 Ferry departs from Muinalaiu terminal
9:30 arrival to Kihnu terminal; Meet your local guide and enjoy tour of the island and the museum
13:00 home visit to Metsamaa Heritage Farm to enjoy folklore concert while local drink is served
14:00 Mare’s home visit Mare introducing local folk costumes, motorbikes, farm life, and local beer
15:00 Home visit at Elly’s handicraft farm introducing homemade icecream and ecological cosmetics
16:15 ferry is departing (17:15 arrival to Munalaiu)
19:30 Arrival to Tallinn, Radisson Sky Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- The tour is designed for participating delegates and accompanying persons attending the JCI 2019 World Congress.
- All sightseeing tours include informative English speaking commentary, all entry fees and meals where specified. Comfortable shoes and warm clothing are recommended for all tours. For any outdoor tours, we recommend that participants wear water and windproof warm clothing.
- All tours are based on a minimum number of participants. If minimum numbers are not reached, alternative arrangements or a complete refund will be made. Places on all tours are limited and will be allocated strictly in order of receipt of payment. Where participants cancel their tour bookings prior to 1st October, 2019, payment will be refunded in full. Thereafter, no refunds will be made.
For bookings please use the registration form above!
If have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.